NEET UG National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Undergraduate: The candidates who wish to apply for NEET 2017 can check the below eligibility criteria. The candidates who are eligible according to the norms of the exam conducting authority can apply for NEET 2017. Therefore, the candidates must check their eligibility criteria before applying for NEET examination. NEET is a national level entrance examination for MMBS and BDS candidates. The exam will be administrated by the CBSE Board for providing admissions in various government and private colleges of the country.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017
NEET UG National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Undergraduate: The candidates who are going to apply for NEET entrance test can check their eligibility criteria given below:
- Aadhaar card is mandatory to apply for NEET 2017 examination
- The candidates must have passed the 10+2 or its equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and biology/biotechnology with English
- The minimum percentage for general category is 50% , for SC/ST/OBC is 40%, for general PH is 45% and for SC/ST/OBC handicapped is 40%.
- The candidates appearing for the qualifying exam can also apply. They must have to show the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first round of counseling
- Marks obtained in maths shall not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses
NEET UG National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Undergraduate:
Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
All the states participating in the NEET 2017 will fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS through state counseling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India Centralized counseling. The eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats of the states are mentioned below:
- The candidates must have completed or appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state
- The candidate must possess a valid domicile of the state
- The candidates should possess a residency proof of the state
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- The candidate must be the citizen of India or Overseas citizen
- The candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission
- The upper age limit is 25 years (5 years relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC candidates) as on or before 31st December of the year of admission
- The candidates belonging to J&K, AP and Telangana are eligible to appear the exam only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on the basis of self declaration
Eligibility for seats in Participating Bodies: The overseas citizen of India may also appear the exam subject to the rules of government of India. The upper age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/universities/institutions for those candidates, seeking admission under the control of participating institutions/universities/states.