The Directorate of Technical Education, Karnataka offers admission into various diploma programs. The admission in the polytechnic colleges of Karnataka will be done on the basis of merit marks secured by the students in SSLC examination. Diploma Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2017 Category wise merit list will be published and seat allotment will be based on the candidate’s merit. There are 81 Government Polytechnics, 44 Government Aided Polytechnics, and 188 private polytechnics in Karnataka. The eligible and interested candidates who wish to study diploma in Karnataka Polytechnics can fill the application form.
Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2017
Diploma Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2017: Karnataka Diploma Admission notification 2017 will be released in the month of April/May 2017. The interested candidates can fill the application form. The application fee is 100/- (for SC/ST/CAT-1 candidates 50/-). The candidates can check the admission details in the leading newspaper as well as on the official website of DTE, Karnataka.
Admission Procedure: The candidates will be selected for the admission to diploma course based on the merit in each category of reservation. 50% of seats are reserved for various groups of society. And the remaining 50% of seats are allotted based on the marks scored in SSLC for technical courses. Admission for non-technical courses also totals marks scored by the candidate in SSLC is taken into consideration.
Diploma Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2017:
- The candidates must clear 10th class exam or SSLC exam at the time of application
- The candidates must be having science and maths as the compulsory subjects with minimum score of 35% overall
- The candidates must be the resident of Karnataka for which they shall be able to collect the eligibility certificate issued by the DTE, Government of Karnataka.
Application form starts from the First week of May 2017
Last date for submitting application form: Second week of June 2017
Last date for application form fee payment: Third week of June 2017
Karnataka Diploma Merit List 2017 announcement: Third week of June 2017
Allotment of Seats as per counseling for polytechnics: First week of July 2017
Application Procedure: The application process will start in the month of May 2017. The candidates must fill the application form correctly and submit it before the closing date.
- The application form submission will be done offline
- The candidates must get the application form from the registered centers or the government aided polytechnic colleges by paying the application fee
- Fill the details correctly in order
- The application form must be posted to the nodal centers where the candidates want to take admission
- Take a print of the application form for future reference
Result: After the merit preparation the result for the final seat allotment will be released. The result based on the eligibility and other terms will be declared by the DTE, Karnataka after the completion of application process.
Documents for Verification:
- SSLC/10th Mark Sheet
- SSLC/10th Passing Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate (for SC/ST category candidates)
- If the candidates have pass SSLC from outside Karnataka then in such case the candidates have to produce eligibility certificate
- 3-4 passport size photographs