APPSC Panchayat Secretary Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern: Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Panchayat Secretary Notification is released by AP Government under Group 3 services for 1055 vacancies on its official website psc.ap.gov.in. All the interested and eligible candidates have applied for the recruitment. The candidates who have applied for the exam will appear in screening test and main exam. The candidates can refer the complete exam syllabus and exam pattern for preparation. The APPSC Panchayat Secretary Screening Test and Main Exam written test syllabus can be downloaded in PDF format from the website.
APPSC Panchayat Secretary Exam Syllabus
APPSC Panchayat Secretary Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern:
Selection Process: Following are the steps which a candidate must go through for recruitment in APPSC Grade IV Panchayat Secretary Posts through Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj Subordinate Service:
- Screening test preliminary exam
- Panchayat secretary mains exam
APPSC Screening Test Pattern: There are 150 objective type questions carrying 150 marks each. The time duration of the exam will be 150 minutes. 1/3 rd negative marking is applicable for each wrong answer in screening test.
AP Panchayat Secretary Main Exam Pattern 2017: There are two papers. Each paper contains 150 questions carrying one mark each. The time duration of the exam for each paper will be 150 minutes. 1/3rd negative marking is applicable for every wrong answer.
AP Panchayat Secretary Main Exam Syllabus:
Paper 1 General Studies and Mental Ability:
- Events of national and international importance
- Current affairs- international, national and regional
- Basics of general science and their relevance to the day to day life
- Current developments in science, technology and information technology
- History of modern Indian with emphasis upon Indian national movement
- Economic development in India since independence
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation
- 11 basic things about disaster management (CBSE-VIII&IX Standard)
- Geography of India with focus on AP
- Over view of Indian constitution
- Sustainable development and environmental protection
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its administrative, economic, social, cultural, political, and legal implications/problems.
Paper –II Rural Development and Problems in Rural Areas with special reference to Andhra Pradesh
- Evolution of Panchyat Raj system in India including constitutional amendments and reports of various committees
- Evolution of panchayat raj system in Andhra Pradesh
- Roles and responsibilities of panchyat secretary
- Rural sociology: History and Evolution of schemes catering to upliftment of Rural Poor
- Flagship Rural Development schemes of Rural Development Department of Government of India and Andhra Pradesh
- Key Schemes of panchayat raj department of AP
- Rural economy of Andhra Pradesh: agriculture, small scale industries, rural artisans.
- Rural credit scenario of Andhra Pradesh: role of banks, co-operatives and micro finance
- Community based organizations and convergence of welfare schemes
- Women empowerment and economic development through self help groups
- Revenue and expenditure management of local bodies
- Accounting and administering funds received under various schemes